Technical Advice & Consultancy
As one the most respected consultancy companies in the industry, Vertex is able to offer you first class advice on a range of issues that may affect your course or adventure park.
Ropes courses have been around for a very long time and in the last 10 years have exploded from their traditional world of education and development centres into all aspects of our society and culture.
Those owning and operating courses are no longer just outdoor education professionals but commercial leisure operators who see it as a complimentary addition to their main area of business whether that be a leisure centre, holiday / forest park, hotel, farm or amusement park. They are recognising and responding to our desire to seek “experiences” in our leisure time and have created activities that have become high impact, adrenaline fuelled, fast turnaround, complex operations where numbers and profits add a dimension of pressure to all involved.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974 as an owner and or operator you have a “duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of your employees and other people who might be affected by your business.”
The Health and Safety Executive are clear that as an employer you must appoint a “competent” person to help you meet your health and safety duties to your employees and customers. So who qualifies as a “competent” person? The HSE defines a competent person as someone who has "sufficient training and experience or knowledge and other qualities that allow them to assist you properly. The level of competence required will depend on the complexity of the situation and the particular help that you need"
Our technical consultancy service is designed to ensure that staff engage with best practice in all aspects of off-ground activities at your facility. Working in partnership with clients to ensure you are working to best practice standards which in turn will help avoid professional, incident and litigation challenges.
Technical Advice & Consultancy Clients include:
- Technical Advisers and Safety Auditors for Center Parcs
- Technical Advisers and Safety Auditors for Bourne Leisure (Butlins & Haven Holidays)
- Technical Advisers and Safety Auditors for Royal Navy at HMS Raleigh, HMS Collingwood and BRNC Dartmouth
- Technical Advisers and Safety Auditors for The Escapade Group (Hobbledown, Kidspace and Gripped)
- Technical Advisers and Safety Auditors for Openwide International's operation at Bournemouth Pier - Rock Reef
- Technical Advisers for Cardiff International White Water and St Fagan's Off-Ground Facilities
- Technical Advisers for Away Resorts
- Technical Advisers for Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development
- Technical Advisers for The Mill Adventure, Nottingham County Council
So whether you're after one-off or regular advice on operational procedures, industry regulations, risk assessments, inspections, staff training, PPE equipment, maintenance, rescues or how to maximise the use and safe operation of your facility, then use our Contact Us page, or give us a call on 01929 480 920.