Vertex was founded in 2002 and is now the leading instructor training, development and consultancy business for the ropes course and adventure park industry
Our team of fantastic trainers have trained and assessed thousands of individuals in that time, including hundreds of outdoor professionals from across the world. Since 2010 Vertex has been delivering the ERCA (European Ropes Course Association) training awards, running courses across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Far East.
Over the years we have worked closely with a range of operators, helping them to not only train their instructors but also support them by offering consultancy, technical advice, educational resources and PPE equipment.
We're really proud of our team and highlights include:
- Steve Woods was the first Director of Training for ERCA and was instrumental in developing the training syllabus and systems that we see today;
- Emma and Steve convened and ran the Vertex Industry Group which was responsible for writing the re-opening document for our sector of the leisure industry following the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Emma and Steve, as representatives of ERCA, were 2 of the 3 people that reviewed and wrote the new UK Off-Ground Adventure Activities Guide which is due for publication in early 2021;
- Steve Woods served as on the Executive Board and General Board of ERCA;
- We have 2 representatives on the CEN committee writing the European standards for EN15567:2015 (Parts 1 & 2);
- Two Vertex trainers are members of the ERCA Master Team which means that they train and audit all new training companies and prospective trainers;
- We work directly with the leading manufacturers of PPE in testing and designing products specific to the industry;
- We work with leading leisure operators to ensure that they achieve the ultimate balance between safety, efficiency and customer experience on their courses;
- We are regularly asked to speak at national and international conferences.